Sunday, September 20, 2009

Writing

I love writing fictional stories. From January 2008 until just this past summer, I have worked diligently on one book for kids around the age of 8-12. After months, I had only written about 11,000 words and felt like giving up on the story. (This work is still unfinished). So, in August, I decided to try to work on a different project through August Novel Writing Month (AugNoWriMo). My goal was to write 10,000 words for the month which is about 323 words per day (not that many words each day if you think about it). I was able to reach it and, at the end of the month, had a completed novel in my hands. It was amazing that in 31 days I wrote as much as I had written for over a year and a half, and, I had written the words "The End" to it. Sure, the novel I wrote in August needs a lot of editing and it needs expansion, but, it's completed. I verified my winning a day early (on the 30th) and had 10,173 words written. But by the next evening, I had over 11,600 words and had finished my first novel. It was very rewarding!
I plan on doing Nation Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) in November this year. They set the goal for you, which is 50,000 words in 30 days. It is going to be SO hard, but, I know that if I can even just write 10,000 words like I did in August, it will be worth the try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!