Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Update on my writing this year

A couple of developments...

1) I taught a writing class this last semester. I taught four elementary/middle school kids writing this year. We did a lot of fiction and it was so much fun :) I loved it! I might teach again this year... we'll see. I can imagine Senior year is going to be pretty busy, but I've already done a lot of the prep for the class so it shouldn't take up too much time. Hmm...

2) I submitted four poems and two pieces of "flash fiction" to PegLeg publishing. You can check out the magazine I submitted to, GlassFire, here: http://www.peglegpublishing.com/glassfire.htm Maybe you'll want to submit too? I also submitted an article to Written World Communications (the people who have published two of my poems in the past). Haven't heard anything from either publisher yet but at least I'm putting my work out there.

3) I am interning, via email, for Written World Communications. I've only had a couple of assignments so far. All of them have had something to do with pre-screening submissions. It's been great so far and I'm enjoying it!

Well, that's all for now. My summer is full of school and work. Hopefully I'll get some book editing done... one of these days. I can't believe the year is already half over! Time flies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!