Saturday, October 20, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012 Prep :D

Hey, so, kinda haven't blogged since July. Oops! We are only 10 days away from NaNoWriMo 2012, though, and I am so happy to say that I'm participating this year!

Yeah, no, I haven't edited a novel. I know I'm a horrible person. (Don't make me feel worse than I already do!) My mom isn't going to string me up by my toes or anything for not having edited a novel at this point in the year. She actually seems cool with my doing NaNoWriMo this year despite that fact that I didn't finish editing a novel first (which is what I told her I would do... Sorry Mom!!). But here is why I think she's chill with it:

I'm writing an autobiography this year instead of a novel!! 

I know, it's pretty cool.

Okay, okay. To be honest, I'm a little worried it could get boring, haha. I mean, who really cares about my trip to Disney World when I was two or my starring role in the church musical back in 2001, or my first (and only) real train ride in East Texas? I mean, probably not that many people. But I care, I like to think my future husband and kids will care, and I even think some of my family and friends would be interested in it.

Honestly, I'm writing it for me. I want to remember some of the amazing adventures I've had in the past, some of my everyday activities and joys, and a ton of my awesome friends and family. By writing it down, I get to relive it. And when I re-read what I wrote, I'll get to relive it once again. Most of these memories are good. A few are depressing. Others I wish I could change. But either way, they've helped me grow and they've made me who I am.

I haven't done a whole lot of prep, although I did pull a bunch of memorabilia out of my closet. (I'm hoping I can rid of a large chunk after I write a few associated memories down :)):


Of course I won't get rid of all of it (like Bibles, scrap books, the poster, journals, etc.). But maybe I can let go of some of the handouts, letters/cards, and other little things. 

Oh, and here is my time line so far. I don't plan to write about everything on the time line (and I have things I still need to add to the time line!), but if I need any stories (for word count purposes), I have plenty: 


(Apparently nothing happened in 1997...)

I'm hoping to write mostly about my last 2-3 years. They have been incredible and I have learned so much! My little sister claims that I don't have enough life experience to write an autobiography yet... that I should wait until I'm 60. Maybe she's right (about the life experiences part), but I want to write down my life so far while the memories and emotions are fresh (or, at least, fresher than when I turn 60). 

Can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!