Thursday, June 3, 2010

NaNoWriMo Days 2 & 3


Yesterday, Day 2, went pretty well. I got close to finishing the first chapter (of 12) and got to my daily quota which is always nice, especially at the beginning of the month. I got a little discouraged in certain sections of my novel but then a few paragraphs later, I was happy with it. This went back and forth a few times yesterday. My main problem yesterday (and today) is that I was writing late at night trying to get the quota for the day before the day was over. Our power went out last night, though, so that wasn't very much fun and we had no internet so that meant, no blogging for Day 2, lol. The power didn't come on until about 1:30AM.

Today was not easy (to say the least). The best part of today was that I got to Chapter 2. But I had geometry class this morning so I didn't have the opportunity to write until the afternoon. Well, by then, I managed to fill up my afternoon with things that seemed oh so much more important than noveling at the time. When I finally got around to working on my book, I think it took me 1 and a half hours to write what normally takes me half that time (or less!). I tried using Dr. Wicked's Write or Die but stopped after about 200 words. After doing this twice, I just wrote directly on my Word Doc. trying to get at least close to the quota for today. I finally made it! But I am only ahead by about 35 words. My word quota for today was 5,000 words.

So, these past two days haven't exactly been smooth sailing. More days to come, though. The month has only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!