Monday, June 7, 2010

NaNoWriMo Days 4, 5, 6, & 7

   

Over the past four days I have managed to just barely get my daily word count in but I have managed to do it. For example, I am only 90 words above my daily quota today -- but I am not behind :) I also passed the 10,000 word mark yesterday which. is. AWESOME! I love the 10k word mark. It feels so good to have written that much in just 6 days. Plus, that means I only have to do that four more times to win, lol.

The saddest part of these past few days has been that I have had to let four, wait, make that five people die. One of them was just two years old. So very sad. I have, thank God, never had someone super, super close to me die (grandparent, parent, sibling, etc.). My great-grandma died and that was very sad at the time but I was only in, like, the third grade so it has been a few years since that experience. So I am worried that my writing about these deaths may not make a big impact on the reader. A good editor could help me with that though (and I would rather have to edit it a million times than my parents die in a car accident, if you know what I mean...).

I still have a lot of month left, and a lot of novel. I am having a bit of the IGAD (I've Got All Day) syndrome and it is taking me a couple of hours what should take me about 50-60 minutes. But the plot is picking up.This is going to get better... I think... right?!?

2 comments:

  1. Hey MK!
    I hope are able to finish your novel in time!
    Sounds difficult. But how amazing to have written 10,000 words in such a short period of time!!!
    Good luck!
    -LaraA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lara! I think I'll be able to make it... lol. It is hard but lots of fun too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!