Thursday, July 14, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 14

I got to my daily word quota today (I am now at 21,667 words)! Things are starting to unravel in my story so that's making me excited to write. It's also the end of week 2. I've read many times in NaNoWriMo emails that the second week of NaNo can be the hardest week because it's slow, you start to doubt yourself, you're behind on sleep, etc. but that things usually pick up in weeks 3 and 4. I can see how true this is! This past week I have had a difficult time writing but now I feel that I'm on my way with the story.

 It also kinda helps that The Office of Letters and Lights came out with campnanowrimo.org. It's a site just like nanowrimo.org that lets you do NaNoWriMo in July or August instead of November. Yeah, it's pretty legit.


I hope everyone is having a great summer no matter what "camp" they may be attending :)

1 comment:

  1. You're coming right along! SUPER yay for reaching 21k!

    I am so far behind that I don't know whether to burst into tears and give up or grab my laptop and write faster.

    I'm sure I'll end up doing the latter, because I hate to not-finish things. Hopefully things will pick up for me in week three, too!

    Where's my iPod? I'll play some Eye of the Tiger for us :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!