Tuesday, July 26, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 26

I hit 35,000 words today!

Other than that victory, however, the past two days have kind of been lazy. I wrote about one day's quota yesterday and about one day's quota today. Normally, that's great! But when I'm thousands of words behind and need to write two word quotas per day, one day's quota doesn't cut it. But, I am off work tomorrow and (at this moment) cannot think of any obligations keeping me from doing anything tomorrow besides NaNoWriMo. That means it is time for a Nuclear Weekend! (Yes, I am aware that tomorrow is Wednesday.)




What is a Nuclear Weekend? (Don't worry -- it's not as painful as it sounds.)
Usually done on a Saturday or Sunday, a Nuclear Weekend is basically an exercise for building tons of wordcount in one day. The goal is to have three writing segments during the day (morning, afternoon, evening) where you write 40 minutes on, 20 minutes off until reaching 3,000 words per segment. After three segments throughout the day, the work in progress is 9,000 words longer!

If I don't get myself in the chair (futon, couch, lazy boy, or whatever) tomorrow and do this, I might not win NaNoWriMo this year. Although it wouldn't be the end of the world if I lost, it would be kinda sad considering the fact that I'm pretty close.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!