Tuesday, November 20, 2012

NaNoWriMo Days 16, 17, 18, 19, & 20

I was not able to write at all on Saturday (day 17) but I managed to get caught up for the most part on Sunday and Monday. (Maybe that day off was good for me?) I am currently only 200 words behind (supposing I write today's word count) which is hardly anything. Granted, I did use an old essay to help me out with one of those memories (which added quite a few words to the word count)... but all of those words are still originally mine!

Right now, my word count is 31,503 words. By the end of today I should be at 33,333 words (isn't that a pretty number?).



The fun thing about NaNoWriMo is you never know what is going to come next in your story. Well, that's one of the many fun things about NaNoWriMo. This year, I already know what is coming in my life's story. I already know that the main character lives, what happens when people get sick, what happens when a friend is lost or a love-interest is found, what happens when a bully messes with the main character, or what happens when there is a spiritual revelation. I already know because I'm writing about me and these things have already happened. But remembering these moments, days, or seasons brings smiles to my face and/or tears to my eyes. It just depends. I've had an exceptionally blessed life; but, my story has some rough patches too. Some of these patches were totally out of my control, while for others I must take full responsibility.

I'm writing through the smiles and the tears, though. And in about 20,000 words/10 days, I should be able to read through my auto-biography and praise God that I've made it this far, that I've grown through it all, and that I still have the Holy Spirit to guide me in the next season(s) in my life.



Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!