Friday, November 30, 2012

NaNoWriMo - the Final Days (& Stats & Post Card #3)

2012 Winner!

VICTORY DANCE TIME! 

That's right, people! I won NaNoWriMo for the fourth year in a row! And guess what my final wordcount is??

53,191 words!!!!!!!!



Yes, you read that correctly. I am almost two days of quotas ahead in this year's NaNoWriMo challenge. (Disclaimer: Some of these words were re-typed from my blog posts, journals, and a few old papers I wrote. I still wrote thousands of original words this month though and I'm proud of all that I have accomplished.)

My last postcard -- homemade
and absolutely adorable!
Thanks, Tessa :)
Sad part? I still have 1.5 years of my life to document. My goal is to be completely done with the first draft of this project by Christmas day.

Stats for this year's NaNoWriMo:
Most words written in one day: around 5,000 words
Least amount of words written in one day: 0 (this happened twice... one of those days being today)
Cups of coffee consumed this month: I would say at least 60 (2/day). Some days I had zero, most days I had 2-5 cups. Yeah, I'm addicted.
Hours of music played while noveling: 0 (yup, did this NaNo fairly quietly)
Number of different places I wrote: 2 (my room and the school room...)
Post cards exchanged: 3 (this was super cool!)
Level of fun had writing this month on a 1 to 10 scale: 5,342,918

Thanks for a great year, everyone! Mom, Dad, sisters, family, friends... y'all are all awesome!
I have several friends participating this year. Some won, others didn't quite make it. I'm proud of them all and it's just cool to be participating together and supporting each other. Writers of the world, unite! :)

Last, but not least...

30 days. 53,191 words. NaNoWriMo 2012 winner.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!